Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
MITES SEMESTER/SUMMER STUDENT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
If you are an applicant for the MITES Summer/MITES Semester programs, please read below carefully:
- The student application deadline is 11:59 PM PST on Feb. 1. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. There are NO exceptions to this application deadline, and MITES will not review applications that are not submitted by the deadline. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your application as you may run into technical issues.
- You do NOT need completed recommendations by the Feb. 1 deadline. As long as you submit your recommender's information in the application, you will be able to submit. Recommendations are due Feb. 15
- Do NOT withdraw your application if you would like it to be considered in the admissions process. You cannot re-submit your application after withdrawing.
- If you are having technical issues, try the following:
Update your browser software
Use Google Chrome browser
Ensure the application is not open in more than one tab or window
Restart your computer
MITES STAFF APPLICATION IS OPEN
- We are hiring now for the Spring semester of MITES Satrudays! Highlighted roles include:
- Architecture Instructor
- Academic Mentoring Seminar Instructor (multiple grades)
- Teaching Assistant (multiple grades: biological engineering, engineering design, environmental engineering, architecture, robotics)
MITES SATURDAYS STUDENT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
Read below for more details and for the link to begin your application.
MITES (formerly OEOP) provides transformative experiences that bolster confidence, create lifelong community, and build an exciting, challenging foundation in STEM for highly motivated 7th–12th grade students from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds. Catalyzing change in STEM, our goal is to advance equity and access through hands-on programs that are free of cost to participants and their families.
We strongly encourage applications from students:
- With backgrounds underrepresented in science and engineering, identifying as African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx or Native American or Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, or other Pacific Islander.
- Who are underserved, defined as coming from low socioeconomic means, which may be indicated by qualification for free/reduced lunch
- Who are the first member of their families to attend college
- From families with an absence of science and engineering degrees
- From high schools with low admittance rates to top-tier colleges, especially rural or predominantly minority high schools
All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be considered, regardless of race or ethnicity.
Learn more about the mission of MITES on our website.
For other STEM opportunities across the US, please visit out our Resources page.
Interested in being part of our community?
We have three applications. Read below to find the best fit for you.
MITES STAFF Application
An application for STAFF for all three of our programs
APPLICATION OPEN (Click here to start)
- Eligibility: Must be over 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S. Other minimum requirements vary by position—See job descriptions and staff application for more details.
- Deadlines: None; Applications reviewed on rolling basis. We are currently accepting staff applications for the spring semester of MITES Saturdays and for our MITES Summer and MITES Semester programs. We will begin reviewing and interviewing for these positions later in the winter.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
MITES Saturdays STUDENT Application
An application for STUDENTS for the MITES Saturdays Program (formerly SEED).
- Eligibility: Must both live and go to public school in Boston, Cambridge, or Lawrence, Massachusetts. Must be in 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th grade. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Deadlines: Student application due Nov. 30; teacher recommendations due Dec 7.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
MITES Summer and MITES Semester STUDENT Application
- Eligibility: Must be in 11th grade. Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Deadlines: Student application due Feb. 1; teacher recommendations due Feb. 15
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org